Grilled Albacore Sandwich With Red Peppers
- 1 1/3 pounds skinless Pacific albacore, cut into 3/4 inch thick loin cuts
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- dash of cayenne
- 2 French rolls, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Sautéed Red Peppers1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half-rings
- Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette by combining oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, oregano and cayenne; mix well. Divide in half.
- Marinate albacore in one-half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes, turning once.
- While fish is marinating make Sautéed Red Peppers (see recipe below).
- Drain albacore reserving marinade. Place on greased grate, 4-5 inches from hot coals. Cook 5-6 minutes, turning once and basting frequently. Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from the heat.
- Toast rolls lightly on grill. Brush toasted sides with remaining vinaigrette.
- Make four open-faced sandwiches by topping with albacore, Sautéed Red Peppers and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Sautéed Red PeppersIn non-stick pan, sauté garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent. Stir in red peppers and remove from heat. Set aside.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.