Greek Style Shrimp
- 2 whole shallots, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 oz feta cheese*, crumbled
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and add shallots and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes, just until shrimp turn pink. Add tomato and oregano and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and place in an an attractive serving bowl. Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.