Greek Salad with Pork
- 1 1/4 lbs pork loin cutlets, 1/8-inch thick (20 ounces)
- 1 6 oz package fresh baby spinach, or mixed salad greens (8 cups)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 1/2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
- Creamy Greek-Style Dressing1/2 cup plain yogurt, low-fat
- 1/2 cup sour cream, nonfat
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 3-4 Tbs milk, nonfat
- Prepare salad dressing: Stir together yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic and oregano in small bowl until well combined. Stir in enough milk to desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and onion in very large salad bowl. Gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate while preparing pork.
- Combine Greek seasoning and salt; sprinkle and rub evenly over pork. Cook half of the cutlets over medium-high heat in large skillet coated with nonstick cooking for 2-3 minutes or until tender.* Transfer cutlets to cutting board. Remove skillet from heat and recoat with cooking spray. Cook remaining cutlets. Cut cutlets crosswise in half.
- To serve, divide spinach mixture among 4 plates. Arrange 1/4 of pork on each salad. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Serve with remaining dressing.
Ingredient Note: Look in the spice section of the supermarket for a pre-blended Greek seasoning blend. If unavailable, substitute 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt for the 2 1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Cooking Tip: To cook cutlets in a countertop grill with lid, preheat grill according to manufacture's directions. Sprinkle and rub Greek seasoning-salt mixture over both sides of cutlets. Place cutlets on grill; close lid. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Cut cutlets crosswise in half and arrange on top of salads.
Serving Suggestion: Serve pita wedges and mixed olives as easy side accompaniments to complete the meal.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.