Greek Couscous Salad
- Dressing2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs sour cream
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salad2 cups couscous, prepared
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice, sour cream, oregano, garlic, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add olive oil one tablespoon at a time. After each tablespoon of oil is added, blend until combined. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine couscous, chickpeas, bell pepper, zucchini, and olives. Gradually add the reserved dressing and stir until well blended. Add feta cheese and stir.
- Put salad in a bowl and place in the fridge for at least one hour so the flavors combine.
- Serve warm or cold, on its own or with flat bread.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.