Gourmet, Healthy 20-Minute Pasta
- 20 oz whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 bag organic frozen spinach
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 16 oz jar pasta sauce
- Dried oregano to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the onions, garlic, and frozen spinach with 1 Tbsp EVOO in a large saucepan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside. Once the spinach mixture is heated through, add 2/3 of the fire roasted tomatoes (add more if you want the pasta to be spicier).
- Stir in salt, pepper, oregano into the spinach/tomato mixture, to taste. Heat up your pasta sauce and get ready to assemble your dish! To assemble: Start with a layer of rotini pasta, top with veggie mixture, top with sauce, and finish off with 2 Tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.