Gorgonzola Lemon Rice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 4-oz package Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups lightly-packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in cheese and continue to stir frequently until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in spinach just before serving. Garnish with lemon zest.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.