Goat Cheese and Tomato Pita Pizzettes
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese
- 10 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix the garlic and olive oil. Using a pastry brush, lightly spread on both sides of the pita. On a panini press or a grill pan, grill the pita on both sides until crispy.
- Crumble the goat cheese on the pita. (I put a light layer of crumbles because you don’t need that much cheese to get the great goat cheese flavor!)
- Spread the tomato slices, diced red pepper, and red onion on top of the goat cheese. Top with fresh basil slices.
- Use ¼ tsp of the garlic olive oil mixture and sprinkle on top of the pizette.
- If you have a toaster oven, toast on low for 3 to 4 min. If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can put the pizzettes under a broiler for 3 to 4 min until the cheese and ingredients are warmed through.
- Top with a sprinkle of black pepper.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.