Gluten-Free Healthy Pear Muffins
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups superfine brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or light olive oil
- Optional Topping:1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (preferably organic)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the pears in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the brown sugar and puree. Add the remaining ingredients (except the toppings) and process to combine, scraping down the bowl of the food processor once. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
- If desired, sprinkle the almonds on top of the batter and sprinkle with a little sugar. (To intensify the flavor of the almonds you can toast them in a dry pan over high heat for a few minutes, just until toasted and fragrant.) Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (These muffins don't get too brown.) Let cool in the pan.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.