Gingered Pork-Vegetable Soup with Wonton Noodles
- 1 cooked pork tenderloin, (use leftovers) cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 whole baby corn, canned, quartered crosswised
- 2 oz fresh snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly bias-sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup green onions, or chives thinly sliced
- 8 3 1/2-inch wonton wrappers, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Combine chicken broth, water, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, gingerroot and black pepper in large saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Separate the wonton strips. Stir in corn, snow peas, carrot, mushrooms, onions and wonton strips. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in pork and heat through.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.