Gingered Pork and Melon Salad
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs ginger, grated
- 2 cups melon balls, cantaloupes, watermelon, honeydew or a mixture
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 Tbs Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- In medium saucepan combine orange juice and ginger; bring to a simmer and add pork cubes. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until pork is cooked. Remove pork and remaining liquid to bowl, refrigerate uncovered to cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
- In medium bowl gently toss together melon, papaya, Grand Marnier, pork cubes and cooking liquid. On each of four plates place 1 1/2 cups salad greens. Serve equal portions pork-melon mixture atop greens, topped with 2 tablespoons yogurt.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.