Ginger Vanilla Float
- 2 scoops (about 1/3 cup each) vanilla ice cream
- chilled ginger beer or ginger ale
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs lightly sweetened whipped cream
- 1 Tbs toasted shredded coconut*
- lime slice, for garnish
- Place ice cream in a tall 16-ounce glass. Fill with ginger beer. Add a squeeze of lime juice; stir. Top with whipped cream and coconut. Garnish with lime slice. Serve immediately with straws and a spoon.
- To toast coconut:Heat an oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet with sides. Bake in the center of the oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.