Ginger Spice Cookies
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup molasses, light
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sugar for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lightly grease several baking sheets with vegetable oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with and electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together oil, molasses, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Beat in half of dry ingredients just until mixed. Using a large wooden spoon, stir in remaining dry ingredients just until evenly incorporated. Batter will be stiff.
- Divide dough in half; wrap each portion in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. Using your hands, roll each portion of dough into 25 1-inch (3cm) balls, dip into sugar and place 2 inches (5cm) apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.