Ginger-Sesame Stir-Fry with Vegetables
- 12 oz ham, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 16 oz package pepper stir-fry vegetables, frozen
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- For sauce, combine orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium high heat. Add broccoli and frozen vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet. Add ham to skillet; cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through; push ham to edges of skillet. Stir sauce; add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Return vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cooking Tip: Do not overcrowd pork cuts when sautéing. Leaving space between them will allow them to brown and cook more evenly.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.