Ginger Scented Honey Hoisin Chicken Thighs with Sesame
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups hot cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, green tops included
- In large skillet over medium high heat, place cooking oil. Add chicken and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan, mix together soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, ginger and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer to reduce sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat. Place chicken in 325° F oven. Bake about 10 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 165° F.
- Stir in sesame seeds. Place hot rice on serving platter, add chicken and sauce and garnish with scallions.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.