Ginger Chicken Kebabs
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbls canola oil
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stalk lemon grass, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 tbls sesame seeds, toasted
- In bowl of food processor, place canola oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, lemon grass, ginger and garlic cloves. Process until lemon grass is chopped fully, about 3 minutes. Transfer to glass bowl. Add chicken thighs to bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, or overnight, or up to 2 days.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill, or preheat oven broiler. Thread chicken pieces and scallions, alternating. Place on grill and cook, turning once, until chicken is firm and opaque, about 6 - 8 minutes per side. Plate on serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.