- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, stems removed and tomatoes halved
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs sherry vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 drained pickled jalapeño
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp habañero chile sauce or other hot sauce
- 2 cucumbers, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Halve the peppers, remove the seeds and white portion, and transfer the seeds and white portion (the items normally discarded) to a blender or food processor.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 cups of the tomato juice, oil, both vinegars, garlic, jalapeño, salt, and hot sauce and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the remaining tomato juice.
- Cut the peppers (flesh portion) into small dice.
- Stir the diced peppers, cucumber, and cilantro into the pureed mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the chopped scallions.
Nutrition Note: Nutrition Facts calculated on serving size of 1 cup.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.