Garlic Herb Spread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, or 1 tsp (0.5g) dried basil
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1/2 cup feta cheese*, crumbled (2 ounces)
- In food processor, add garlic, basil and green onion; process until finely chopped. Add cheeses; pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Chill before serving.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.