- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs chopped capers
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped oregano
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 10 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Pour in tomatoes, olives, red wine and tomatoes paste and stir until evenly combined. Add capers, anchovy paste and oregano and season to taste with pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Toss with fusilli pasta and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.