Fruited Pork and Wild Rice Salad
- 3 cups cooked pork loin, cut in julienne strips
- 3 cups wild rice, precooked then chilled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, coarsely
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed and chilled
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10 oz package spinach leaves, cleaned and torn
- 1 cup raspberries, cleaned
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In small bowl stir together vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt. In large bowl toss together pork, rice, walnuts, onion, pineapple and mushrooms; add vinegar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Arrange spinach on large serving platter; top with pork mixture. Arrange raspberries and mango on top.
Ingredient Note: Three cups of cooked pork loin is a little over a pound of pork roast----leftovers from a roast would be perfect in this hearty "day two" device.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.