Frijoles Con Queso Dip and Chips
- 2 cups nonfat refried beans, (one can)
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa
- 4 oz reduced fat Cheddar cheese*, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- Reduced fat or fat free chips
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a small saucepan, and heat just until cheese melts (about 5 minutes over medium heat). Alternately, place in a microwaveable dish and heat for 2–3 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve with chips.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.