Fresh Pear and Pork Tostadas
- Tostada1 lb pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- oil, as needed
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bundle fresh chives
- 3 Anjou, Bosc, or red Anjou pears, sliced and cored
- lemon juice
- 3 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce, grated
- Dressing1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro seeds
- 3 Tbs vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat water to boiling in a saucepan. Add the pork meat with the onion and the garlic clove; season with salt and pepper. While the meat is cooking, mix the dressing ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside. Add a little oil to a frying pan and brown the tortillas until they are golden and crisp. When the pork is cooked, shred meat and mix with grated carrots, red onion, and chives; mix well and season with additional salt and pepper to your taste. Slice the pears and set them aside. Bathe the pears in a light lemon and water solution to prevent browning.
- Place one tortilla on each serving plate; add ½ cup cheese and a spoonful of meat, Top with a second tortilla, lettuce, and pear slices. Pour dressing over top or serve with dressing on the side.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.