Fresh Mushroom Three Bean Salad
- 10 oz (about 3 cups) fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 jar (about 7 ounces; about 3/4 cup) roasted red peppers, drained, cut in strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (cannellini), 50% less sodium , drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans (cannellini), 50% less sodium , drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded, divided
- 3 cup Italian salad dressing, no salt added, homemade or prepared
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, peppers, the three kinds of beans, celery and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Add dressing and parsley; toss to coat well. Stir in parsley. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
Variation: To make this a main dish, add cooked chicken, sliced pepperoni, kielbasa or ham.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.