Fresh Asparagus Scramble with Herbed Cream Cheese & Tomatoes
- 1 lb asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 oz whipped garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Blanch asparagus spears in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside Whisk eggs in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add eggs. Stir until eggs are almost set, about 1 minute. Add cheese in dollops and then add tomatoes.
- Stir until cheese melts and eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes. To serve, cut asparagus spears into 2-3-inch pieces and fold into egg mixture and place on heated plate or oval ovenware. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.