Flounder Fillets with Carrot Coins
- 1 pound (4 large) julienne carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 (4-5 ounces) flounder fillets
- Combine carrots, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper in a 7x11x2-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 5 minutes, stirring once.
- To make an even thickness, fold over thin fillets or bend long fillets. Place fillets on top of carrots in the corners of the dish with the thick parts towards the outside and thin parts toward the center. Combine the mustard and honey and spread over fillets.
- Cover with wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 2 minutes. Rotate fillets, placing cooking parts toward the center and continue to cook 1-3 minutes longer or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Let stand, covered 2 minutes. Arrange fish and carrots on 4 warm plates.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.