Florentine Pork in French Bread Boats
- 2 pork tenderloin, (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing, (reduced calorie)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 oz spinach, washed and trimmed
- 3 French bread (6 inch pieces), split lengthwise in half
- 4 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut pork into slices 1/4-inch thick. Place pork in plastic bag; add dressing, turning to coat. Tie bag securely and marinate at least 15 minutes (no longer than 1 1/2 hours). Remove pork from marinade and discard marinade.
- Brown pork in oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 4-5 minutes. Add tomatoes and spinach. Cover tightly and cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Pour off liquid. Meanwhile remove soft centers from bread to form "boats". Spoon 1 cup pork mixture into each boat. Sprinkle each with equal amount of cheese.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with pasta salad and fresh fruit.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.