Florentine Ham Casserole
- 2 cups fully-cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 tsp ground oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- Cook frozen spinach according to package directions; drain well. Set aside. In a small saucepan cook mushrooms, onion and garlic in hot butter until tender but not brown. Stir in flour and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into beaten eggs; return all to saucepan. Stir in ground oregano, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes more. Stir in spinach and ham. Turn mixture into a 1-1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese atop. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.