Fish with Lemon
- Fish:1 1/2–2 lbs (680–910g) salmon or halibut, sliced 1-inch (2.5-cm) thick (or use unsliced sole fillet)
- 1 1/2–2 cups (360–480mL) water
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs of chopped parsley for garnish
- Sauce:3 Tbs of unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Juice of 2 medium-sized lemons
- 2 eggs
- To make the fish:Place water, salt, parsley, oil, and fish (with skin facing up) in a deep skillet and simmer for 10–15 minutes until fish is thoroughly cooked. Carefully remove fish and place on serving platter, skin down. Leave cooking water in skillet.
- To make the sauce:While the fish is cooking, mix flour with water. Stir until smooth. Add juice of lemons to well-beaten eggs. Add lemon and eggs to flour mixture and stir until creamy.
- Slowly add flour mixture to cooking water in pan and simmer on low heat, stirring continuously until it comes to a boil. Allow to cook for 1–2 minutes longer until it thickens slightly.
- Turn off heat and let sauce sit for a few minutes or until it thickens.
- Pour over fish, garnish with parsley, and serve (either warm or cold).
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.