Fire Roasted Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 medium medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup queso fresco cheese OR feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup olives, whole, drained
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs toasted sunflower seeds
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, garlic, cumin, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Toss chicken in marinade until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) until cooked through. Remove to clean cutting board and cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Brush zucchini and red onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer cooked vegetables to a clean cutting board, dice into 1/4-inch pieces and set aside until cooled to room temperature. Combine lettuce, cheese, olives, grilled vegetables and chicken in large mixing bowl. Toss with remaining olive oil, vinegar and sunflower seeds.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.