- 8 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 (4-ounce) cans or 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chile peppers, slightly drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, optional
- cilantro sprigs, optional
- Beat eggs; add cottage cheese and 1 cup Mexican cheese, blend well; set aside. In a 10-inch, non-stick, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add green chilies and stir to mix. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes or until mixture looks set around the rim.
- Keeping mixture in skillet, bake in 350ºF oven until knife inserted in center of dish comes out clean or about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and place under broiler for about 1 minute to brown and melt cheese (watch carefully).
- Cut into wedges and serve with reduced-fat sour cream and salsa and garnish with sprigs of cilantro, if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.