Fettuccine with Salami
- 1 lb fettucine, uncooked
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz Italian salami, thinly sliced, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch (30cm) skillet. Sauté the onion, celery, and garlic until the vegetables are soft; about 5 minutes. Add the salami, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and chicken broth and and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the parsley and pepper and stir well.
- Transfer cooked pasta into the skillet and toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.