Feta Filled Chicken Breasts with Cumin, Tomatoes, and Mint
- 4 chicken breast halves, pre-marinated in lemon-pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs ginger, minced
- 4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In side of each chicken breast halve, make slit. Stuff one quarter of feta cheese into each pocket.
- In large, non-stick skillet over high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken; sauté on each side until nicely browned and cooked throughout, about 5 - 8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. In the same skillet, add ginger, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. Saute one minute. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they become sauce-like, about 6 minutes. Stir in parsley, mint, sugar and salt.
- Return chicken to pan; warm in pan for 1 minute.
- Place chicken breast on serving platter. Top with tomato sauce
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.