Étouffée de Tilapia
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh tilapia fillets
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Rub pepper and cayenne into fillets. Arrange half the fillets in a non-stick baking pan.
- In a separate dish, combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, bell peppers, celery and scallions. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the fillets in the baking pan. Sprinkle half the flour over the vegetables and drizzle with half the tomato sauce and fresh thyme. Repeat layer. Cover and place pan in the oven at 325° F and bake for 1 hour or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.