Ethiopian Lentil Curry
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbs amchar massala
- 2 Tbs massala molida
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Combine cauliflower, peas, and lentils in the pot, sprinkle with amchar massala and massala molida and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour crushed tomatoes and tomato paste into the pot and stir to combine. Add about 2 cups of water and bring curry to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low until lentils are tender; about an hour.
- Mix in plain yogurt and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.