Easy Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1- 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbs prepared coarse-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- In large non-stick frypan, melt butter over high heat. Place flour in pie pan; add chicken and turn to coat well. Place chicken in frypan and cook, turning about 5 minutes to brown well on both sides. Stir in onions, mushrooms and any unused flour. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard. Pour mixture into frypan and stir. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and parsley and simmer for 2 additional minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.