Easy Beef Steak Diane
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sauce:1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs finely chopped shallots or green onion
- 1 Tbs brandy (optional)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Remove.
- Wipe skillet out with paper towels; spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Combine lemon peel and pepper; press onto beef steaks. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
- Add brandy to skillet; cook and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Carve steaks. Serve with sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.