Easy Baked Fish
- 6 cod, sole, or flounder fillets, 6 ounces (170 g) each
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the fillets in a lightly oiled baking dish and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Warm 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the parsley, chopped tomatoes, and water. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the fish, sprinkle with the thyme, and top each fillet with overlapping tomato and lemon slices. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil. Cover and bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque in the center when tested with a knife. Serve warm.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.