Dessert Waffles with Spiced Blueberry Sauce
- 1- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 (4 -1/2 inch) frozen waffles, toasted, or freshly made waffles
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- In a small saucepan, thoroughly combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water, stir in half of the blueberries, the sugar, cinnamon and black pepper. Over medium heat, bring to a boil; boil until sauce is clear, about 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in remaining blueberries; cool. Place warm waffles on dessert plates. Scoop ice cream onto waffles; top with sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.