Deluxe Pork Stir-Fry
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ginger, grated
- 2 tsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, OR green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 6 oz sugar snap peas, fresh OR frozen, thawed
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- cooked rice, (optional)
- Freeze pork for 30 to 45 minutes for ease in slicing; cut across grain into 1/4-inch strips. Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic, ginger root, vinegar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch and pepper; mix well and pour over pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour oil around top and sides of preheated wok; heat for about 2 minutes at medium-high. Add marinated pork (undrained) to wok; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes. Add carrots and red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add yellow squash, zucchini and green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add Chinese pea pods and broccoli and continue stir-frying for 2 minutes.
- Combine beef bouillon, wine, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, remaining 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, and sugar; pour over vegetables and pork. Stir-fry over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with crunchy Chinese noodles and hot green tea.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.