Date Nut Bars
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs freshly grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates (about 8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (about 6 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until light and fluffy, 5 to 10 minutes. Add orange juice and peel; beat well. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture gradually, mixing just until combined after each addition. Add dates and pecans; stir gently until evenly distributed.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into 24 bars, about 2-1/4 x 2 inches each.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.