Curried Turkey over Rice
- 1 Tbs margarine
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion, (1 medium onion)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth, (or turkey stock)
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 dashs Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups cooked rice
- In a nonstick saucepan, melt margarine. Add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in onions and garlic, continue to sauté until vegetables are tender. Add flour and curry powder, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for several minutes until sauce thickens. Reduce heat and add turkey, raisins, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.