Curried Raisin Rice Stuffed Pork Rib Chops with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
- 4 pork rib chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 7 oz bag white rice, (e.g. Success)
- 2 Tbs butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 white onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 12 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- kitchen twine
- Heat the oven to 375° F. Prepare rice according to box directions and transfer into a medium size bowl. Add 1 tablespoon butter, curry powder, raisins and salt. Mix together.
- Cut a pocket in the sides of the chops and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of the curried rice mixture. Tie together with kitchen twine. Place stuffed chops on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F. when instant-read thermometer is inserted into thickest part of meat and not touching stuffing. Transfer stuffed chops to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove and discard kitchen twine before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and remaining tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet. Add onions and cook on low-medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- To serve, warm 4 dinner plates. Put one chop on each plate and divide onion-mushroom mixture and top chops.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.