Curried Pork and Apple Salad
- 1 1/4 cups leftover roasted pork, cut into 1/2 inch diced
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 Tbs mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp curry powder, or garam masala, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- Plum Pepper Pork Sauce, for serving1/3 cup shallot, or red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups purple plums, or plouts, chopped
- 2 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pinot noir, or other dry red wine
- 2 Tbs butter
- Combine diced pork, apples, celery, and scallions in bowl. Set aside. Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and curry powder or garam masala. Add to pork mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line two serving plates with lettuce leaves. Divide pork salad in half and place a mound in center of each plate. Serve accompanied by leftover Plum Pepper Pork sauce.
- Plum Pepper Pork SauceHeat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add shallot, salt, and cracked black pepper. Sauté until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add plums and sauté until they start to soften and brown. Add brown sugar and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and bubbling. Add wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen all the browned bits. Continue cooking, for about 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half and mixture becomes a chunky sauce. Stir in butter and remove from heat.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.