Curried Chicken Drumsticks on Gingered Vegetables
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 onion, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tbs crystallized ginger, finely diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, stir together butternut squash, onion, potatoes, crystallized ginger and apple cider. Sprinkle salt and pepper into mixture, stirring to coat.
- In small bowl, stir together curry powder, ground ginger and cumin.
- Place drumsticks in baking dish on top of vegetable mixture. Sprinkle spice mixture over drumsticks.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until vegetables are very tender and chicken is brown and cooked through.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.