Cumin and Lentil Quesadillas
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 4 Mission eight-inch Soft Taco Carb Balance Tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked small lentils
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast cumin seeds in large, dry skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan constantly. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside.
- Toast corn in the same skillet, shaking the pan for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to small bowl, set aside.
- Arrange four tortillas on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half the tortilla with approximately 2-3 Tbsp grated cheese, and 1/4 tsp toasted cumin seeds. Top with 1/4 cup lentils, 1/4 cup corn, and fold the other side over. Repeat for the next three tortillas.
- Put the tortillas in the oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and crispy. Serve with Pico de Gallo.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.