Cubano Pork Appetizer Skewers and Cilantro-Citrus Dip
- 1/2 lb boneless pork chops, thin cut
- 16 cubes ham, 3/4-inch
- 16 cubes Swiss cheese, 3/4-inch
- 24 mini dill pickles
- 8 skewers , (8 to 10 inches)
- Cubano Rub1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, or oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika, (sweet)
- Cilantro-Citrus Dip1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for rub. Spread on both sides of pork chops. Grill chops or broil 4 inches from heat source 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 1/2-inch strips.
- On each skewer, thread 1 ham cube, 1 cheese cube, 1 pickle, 1 strip roasted pork (skewered three times in an "s" shape), 1 pickle, 1 ham cube, 1 cheese cube and 1 pickle.
- For the dip, combine all dip ingredients in small bowl. Makes about 1/2 cup. Serve along side kabobs.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.