- 12 oz oysters, usually two 6-ounce jars
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- Rinse and drain oysters.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a small dish.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray, and then place 1 tsp (5mL) of oil in the pan. Heat pan until very hot.
- Dredge oysters, one at a time in flour mixture. Place 4 oysters in hot pan and fry until brown on one side. Turn and brown the other side. This should take only about 3 minutes per side. Remove oysters and place on a serving dish.
- Heat one more tsp (15mL) of oil in the pan and repeat the process for another 4 oysters. Repeat for the last batch.
- Serve while piping hot.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.