Crumb-Topped Haddock over Spinach
- 1 cup panko (Japanese style) breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 lbs haddock fillets, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 9 ounce bag prewashed baby spinach (about 6 packed cups)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, flaxseed, seafood seasoning and salt in a shallow bowl and set aside. Place the oil in a shallow bowl or plate. Lightly coat each piece of fish in the oil, then coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the fish on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the crumbs turn golden brown and the fish flakes with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the spinach, raise the heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach wilts and is cooked, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with kosher salt to taste.
- To serve, divide the spinach evenly between 6 plates and top with a piece of the haddock. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.