Crown Roast of Lamb with Orange Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 American Lamb crown roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins or cherries, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, drain well
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Form each lamb rack into half circle and place together to form a circle, bone-side to center. Tie to secure. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Roast in a 375° F oven for 30 minutes. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté celery and onion 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in allspice and salt. Toss with cooked rice, cornbread crumbs, broth and cranberries.
- Spoon rice mixture loosely into center cavity of lamb crown. Roast 20 to 25 minutes more or until meat thermometer registers 145° F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170° F for well, and stuffing is heated through. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- Garnish with oranges. Cut between individual ribs to serve; serve with stuffing.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.