Crostini with Feta and Pear-Strawberry Salsa
- 2 green Anjou pears, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup mild feta cheese or ricotta salata
- salt to taste
- baguette or French bread cut in 1/4-inch thick slices, brushed with olive oil and toasted
- whole cilantro leaves for garnish
- Toss diced pear with lime juice and let sit a few minutes before adding strawberries, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and olive oil.
- Just prior to serving, crumble feta cheese into salsa. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Spoon salsa onto toasts and arrange on serving platter. Garnish each crostini with a cilantro leaf.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.