Crispy Potatoes and Turnips
- 3 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Toss turnips, potatoes and garlic with olive oil until coated and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Scatter vegetables in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake about 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned yet tender inside. Turn the vegetables occasionally with a spatula or by shaking the pan.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.